Privacy on CoKnown
The basic concept of CoKnown is to facilitate people's ability to share Knowledge. To that end, we hope you will keep as many of your Projects Public as possible. That way others can benefit from your Knowledge.
We feel this is so important that we do not count any Public Projects towards Premium Acount Storage quotas.
In other words, Public Projects are FREE on CoKnown.
The default CoSearcher permissions for newly created Public Project is
The Project owner may also display their Public Projects within their website, or other websites on which they have an account as long as they provide a link back to CoKnown.
Restricted Project Privacy
The Title, Goal and keywords of Restricted Projects are Publicly visible on the Project owner's Profile page. The content of Restricted Projects is ONLY accesible to the Project's Owner and CoSearchers whom they have granted Read permissions and above.
The default CoSearchers Permissions for a newly created Resticted Project is
Note: Commenting is by IntenseDebate. IF you comment on a Restricted Project you're comment(s) may be displayed on Your IntenseDebate or Twitter or Facebook Profile pages. While this will not allow anyone access to your Restricted Project your comments may be seen by others on third party sites and services.
CoKnown respects your privacy and does NOT view Restricted Projects without permission of the Project's Owner.
Hidden Project Privacy
Hidden Projects are ONLY accessible to the Project's Owner and CoSearchers whom they have granted Read permissions or above.
The default CoSearchers Permissions for newly created Hidden Projects is
Note: Commenting is by IntenseDebate. IF you comment on a Hidden Project you're comment(s) may be displayed on Your IntenseDebate or Twitter or Facebook Profile pages. While this will not allow anyone access to your Hidden Project your comments may be seen by others on third party sites and services.
CoKnown respects your privacy and will NOT view your Hidden Projects without your permission.
When you need to make your Project private
CoKnown is a family friendly site. Please don't save anything into Your Public Project above a PG rating.
If you think your Projects content is questionable please make it Restricted or Hidden.
You can share Restricted & Hidden Projects with others by adding them to your CoSearchers and granting them Read permissions or above.
Inline History Privacy
Inline Histories are Not public.
The Only way somone can see your Project's Inline Histories is if:
1) You make them a CoSearcher
2) You give them Read Access or above to your Project
Note: The default Permission setting for your CoSearchers on Public Projects is Read.
If this of concern, change your CoSearchers Permissions to None on a Public Project when you create it.
All Projects in Free accounts are Public.
Premium members have 3 Levels of Project Privacy.
• Everyone can see it.
• Public Projects will be listed on the Latest 75 Projects page
• Anyone can leave comments on your Project Page
• CoKnown Members when logged in can Share you Public Projects
The email recipient does not have to log in to view your Project
• Default Permissions for CoSearchers on Public Projects is Read
• Only your Projects Title & Goal are visible on your Profile page's Projects List
• Restricted Projects are not displayed on the Latest 75 Public Projects page
• You can make the Project visible to your CoSearchers by giving them Read Permissions and above
• Just that Hidden
• Hidden Projects do not show up anywhere on CoKnown - except to you.
• The Only way a CoSearcher can see a Hidden Project is if you give them Read Permissions or above
• Default Permissions for CoSearchers on Hidden Projects is None.
Profiles are only visible to logged in CoKnown Members.
The only required information to be displayed on your Profile is your First and Last name.
Everything else is optional and up to you.
CoKnown Privacy Statement
CoKnown shares your concerns about personal privacy. Through the Service, and through other contact with CoKnown, CoKnown may collect personal information and data including, but not limited to, application and web site usage data, viewing data, file transfer and e-mail data, and personal contact information such as e-mail addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers. Additionally, CoKnown's applications and web sites may use technological facilities for tagging and tracking including, but not limited to, Web cookies, login Member names and other technologies to track and correlate data.
The CoKnown Service does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- information posted to public areas of CoKnown, such as Profiles, Public and Semi-private projects, the Forum, blogs, etc., may be accessed by other people and nonaffiliated companies.
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- we believe it may be necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of CoKnown's terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
- we transfer information about you if the CoKnown Service is transferred to, acquired by or merged with another company.
This policy may change from time to time, and any changes are binding on you. We encourage you to visit this site from time to time to review the most updated policies.
Once you have signed up as a CoKnown Member, even if you later cancel your Memberid, any personal data previously collected remains the property of CoKnown.
CoKnown cannot guarantee the security or accuracy of personal data.
CoKnown utilizes IntenseDebate for a Commenting system on Project Pages. Depending on which Login method you choose to leave Comments on Project pages, your comments may appear on Facebook, Twitter, Intense Debate or other third party sites. If this is a security concern for you on Restricted or Hidden Projects we Strongly recommend using Noteboxes instead. Comments with links on third party sites Will Not grant outside access to your Restricted or Hidden Projects.